Danielle Carey, MS, CCC-SLP, COM®
Speech-Language Pathologist and IAOM Board Certified Orofacial Myologist™️
Part of the Emerge Family since 2020
Danielle has experience and training in:
- IAOM Board Certified Orofacial Myologist serving children through adults with the following difficulties: mouth breathing, tongue thrust, tethered oral tissues, thumb sucking, a routine habit of resting with lips apart, forward resting posture of the tongue between or against the teeth, and other harmful oral habits
- Breastfeeding support
- TOTS: Tethered Oral Tissues Specialty Training
- Basic DIR/Floortime Certification
- Kaufman Speech to Language Protocol
- Social Thinking Curriculum
- SOS Approach to Feeding
- AAC devices/softwares: Snap+Core, Unity, and Accent
- Working with a variety of patients requiring articulation, apraxia, feeding, fluency, orofacial myofunctional disorders, and receptive/expressive language intervention.
- Working with many diagnoses, including Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Down Syndrome, Sensory processing disorder, anxiety, genetic conditions, traumatic brain injury, tracheostomy, ARFID, feeding tubes, and developmental delay
Danielle relocated back to North Carolina from Georgia in 2020. She completed her undergraduate degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders at East Carolina University in 2010 and then transitioned to Old Dominion University to complete her graduate degree in Speech-Language Pathology in 2012. Prior to joining Emerge, Danielle worked at a private practice treating babies through adults. Before joining the pediatric setting, Danielle spent 3 years in subacute rehab centers and hospitals treating adults. Danielle earned the ACE (Award for Continuing Education) in December 2019 and 2020. Danielle is passionate about meeting children where they are and supporting their sensory regulation throughout speech therapy/feeding therapy/myofunctional therapy to allow for the most progress! She feels that the parent education and advocacy support offered through Emerge Pediatric Therapy, are just one of the ways that Emerge goes above and beyond to provide support to not only the child, but also the entire family. Outside of work, Danielle enjoys spending time with her husband, daughter, son, and dog, Riley! She loves collecting house plants (currently has 24!), the beach, enjoys any outdoor activity, reading, horseback riding, and spending time with family & friends!