Terrific Twos – Summer 2022
DEVELOPING SOCIAL & GROSS MOTOR SKILLS
for children 1.5 thru 2.5 years old
This small group provides opportunities to build language and motor skills to assist with achievement of age appropriate milestones. Social skills and gross motor skills will be addressed in play based activities including an obstacle course, movement songs and imaginative play experiences.
- Encourage use of age-appropriate language and to communicate wants and needs
- Improving ability to follow verbal directions
- Encourage appropriate social interactions in a small group setting
- Exploring sensory strategies that are useful in supporting regulation and engagement
- Engaging in movement activities to increase accuracy and comfort with novel gross motor movements
Date: Wednesdays, 9:00am – 10:00am
Three 4-Week Sessions to Choose From:
- Session 1: June 8, 15, 22, 30
- Session 2: July 6, 13, 20, 27
- Session 3: August 3, 10, 17, 24
Total Cost: $100 per session
Register now using this form!
Children are expected to attend every session (barring illness), as the sessions build on each other and group dynamics are an important component. These services are billed as Occupational and/or Speech Therapy services and many parents receive partial reimbursement from their insurance companies.
If your child is not attending therapy sessions at Emerge, we will be in touch with you to set up a brief free screening to determine if this program is a good match for your child.