Goals of the Volunteer Programs:
The Emerge Pediatric Therapy Volunteer Programs are designed to:
- Provide opportunities for observation of individual and/or group therapy sessions to the prospective graduate student.
- Train prospective therapy students as volunteers through an application, interview, and orientation process.
- Provide opportunities for trained volunteers to assist with setup and cleanup of therapy sessions.
- Provide opportunities for trained volunteers to assist with non-therapeutic tasks while under direct supervision of the licensed therapist.
- Provide opportunities for bilingual English/Spanish-speakers to translate blog and social media posts as well as communicate with families who are interested in starting services at Emerge
Ways to Volunteer:
Emerge Club Volunteering:
If you are seeking hours for graduate school or are hoping for a letter of recommendation:
As a Volunteer at Emerge, you (the student), are responsible for brining an hours log in a timely manner for signatures from our therapists. Hour logs will not be signed by our therapists following one month after completion of your volunteer experience. Emerge Pediatric Therapy does not guarantee a letter of recommendation at the end of your time with us. These letters are subject to the approval of the supervising therapist. If you would like a letter written on your behalf, this must also be completed in a timely manner. Requests made one month, or more, following the completion of your volunteer experience will not be acknowledged.
If you are interested in internship opportunities, please email email@example.com for more information.
Requirements of a Student Volunteer:
- Please Fill out the Volunteer Application form.
- Wait for an email from our Volunteer Coordinator, Mackenzie, to setup an initial observation/interview.
- Complete mandatory volunteer observation/interview.
- Complete necessary paperwork (confidentiality agreement, dress code agreement, and volunteer agreement) prior to beginning volunteer hours.
*Please note that a student volunteer is classified as a prospective therapy student earning observation hours, as well as, hands on experience with the setup, cleanup, and participation in non-therapeutic tasks, while under the direct supervision of the licensed therapist. Volunteers play a significant role in the success of our club programs, but may also have opportunities helping with individual therapy sessions, upon request.
Volunteer Dress Code Policy
When visiting Emerge, please follow the following dress code requirements:
- Khakis/chinos, scrubs, or dark-wash jeans are acceptable pants. Please refrain from wearing distressed jeans, exercise pants, leggings, shorts, dresses, or skirts.
- Collared shirts or simple tops and blouses are acceptable. Please refrain from wearing low cut tops and graphic t-shirts.
- Only minimal jewelry, if any, should be worn. Nothing that a child could potentially pull off of you.
- Wear shoes that can slip on and off easily. Socks are optional.
- Emerge is a scent/smoke free facility. Refrain from wearing perfume or scented lotions.
- Dress comfortably, while adhering to the above requirements.