Cools Cats – Summer 2021
Empowering children to learn to recognize and combat stress and worries
for children 5 thru 8 years old
Cool Cats is designed for children who experience stress, anxiety, or excess worries. During these sessions, children learn and develop cognitive and sensory-based strategies to manage stress and worries. Mindfulness-based activities, movement, and opportunities for emotional expression help group members learn to utilize strategies that work for them, as well as to gain an understanding that they are not alone, establish a positive self-concept and build supportive friendships.
- Develop increased self-awareness and ownership over thoughts and actions
- Build and utilize cognitive strategies to reduce stress and worry
- Build and utilize sensory-base calming strategies
- Develop social skills, including perspective-taking, cooperation, and flexibility to build friendships
- Improve body awareness as it relates to mindful movement, identifying signs of stress, and participating in social interactions
When: Fridays, June 18th – August 20th
Total Cost: $100 per session
To register, submit an electronic form.
Children are expected to attend every session (barring illness), as the sessions build on each other and group dynamics are an important component. These services are billed as Occupational and/or Speech Therapy services and many parents receive partial reimbursement from their insurance companies.
If your child is not attending therapy sessions at Emerge, we will be in touch with you to set up a brief free screening to determine if this program is a good match for your child.