No one can quite prepare you for all that will come your way as a parent. Obstacles and difficulties with your child’s development are sometimes unavoidable. Many of these obstacles you can handle on your own. But who do you turn to when you need help?
For over 20 years, Emerge Pediatric Therapy (formerly Emerge-A Child’s Place) has served the parents and children of the Triangle who have needed that extra support. So whether you need occupational, physical, or speech therapy, look no further than Emerge Pediatric Therapy.
Owner Brittni Winslow’s Vision and Mission:
Our organization is deeply committed to improving the lives of children and their families through customized occupational, speech and physical therapy. We not only work 1:1 with our clients, but we also empower the caregivers and community around the child in how to best support and create the best life for that client. We attract people within our organization that share in a passion for lifelong learning. This results in a strong team of the most highly trained therapists in our area.
Types of Therapy:
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Play-based Group Therapy (Emerge Clubs)
- Feeding Therapy
- Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy
- Lactation Consultation
Who We Serve:
- School-Aged Children
- Young Adults
- Adults (services are limited)
We are an in-network provider for all Tricare insurance plans, Health Choice, NC Medicaid, and Managed Care plans.
We bill these plans directly and collect any co-payments and deductibles as necessary.
We are out-of-network for private commercial insurance plans.
Please visit our FAQ page to learn more!
Areas of Support Offered:
- Sensory Differences
- Emotional Regulation
- Executive Functioning
- Social Skills
- Handwriting & Fine Motor
- Gross Motor, Balance & Coordination
- Toe Walking
- Early Milestone Development (rolling, sitting, crawling, walking)
- Feeding (picky eating & oral motor coordination
- Pre and Post-Care for Tongue Tie Release
- Breastfeeding difficulties
- Reading (using both the LiPS & Orton-Gillingham Methods)
- Reading & Listening Comprehension
- Apraxia of Speech
- Augmentative and Alternative Forms of Communication
- Late Talking
- Parent Coaching
- Aquatic Occupational Therapy
- Small-Group Instruction