Preschool Power (Durham) – Spring 2023
DEVELOPING CLASSROOM PARTICIPATION SKILLS, EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS, AND PEER INTERACTIONS
for preschool aged children (3-5)
A small social-intensive group program for children who are preschool-age. The focus is on developing classroom participation skills, effective communication skills, and appropriate peer interactions using circle time, supported play, movement activities, and crafts.
- Encouraging use of age-appropriate language to communicate wants and needs.
- Improving ability to follow verbal directions.
- Encouraging appropriate social interactions in a small-group setting.
- Exploring sensory strategies that are useful in supporting behavioral organization.
- Improving engagement and attention for age-appropriate fine- motor and visual motor tasks.
When: Tuesdays, January 10th – May 23rd
Time: 10:00am – 11:00am
Total Cost: $1800
Children are expected to attend every session (barring illness), as the sessions build on each other and group dynamics are an important component. You will not be reimbursed for missed sessions. If you have any questions about the new Emerge Clubs changes or payment options, please refer to our FAQ!
If your child is not attending therapy sessions at Emerge, we will be in touch with you to set up a brief free screening to determine if this program is a good match for your child.