Preschool Power (Durham) – Summer 2023
DEVELOPING CLASSROOM PARTICIPATION SKILLS, EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS, AND PEER INTERACTIONS
for preschool aged children (3-5)
A small social-intensive program for children who are preschool-age. The focus is on developing classroom participation skills, effective communication skills, and peer interactions using circle time, supported play, movement activities, and crafts.
- Encouraging use of age-appropriate language to communicate wants and needs.
- Improving ability to follow verbal directions.
- Encouraging social interactions in a small-group setting.
- Exploring sensory strategies that are useful in supporting behavioral organization.
- Improving engagement and attention for age-appropriate fine motor and visual motor tasks.
When: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 11:00-12:00am
Two 5-week Sessions to Choose From:
- Session 1: June 12, 19, 26, July 10, 17
- Session 2: July 24, 31, August 7, 14, 21
Total Cost: $900
This club is not billed through insurance.
Register now using this link!
Children are expected to attend every session (barring illness), as the sessions build on each other and group dynamics are an important component. You will not be reimbursed for missed sessions. If you have any questions about the new Emerge Clubs changes or payment options, please refer to our FAQ!
If your child is not attending therapy sessions at Emerge, we will be in touch with you to set up a brief free screening to determine if this program is a good match for your child.