Food Scientists – Spring 2023
DEVELOPING FOOD SKILLS
for children ages 4 – 7
Food Scientists is a program that focuses on the development of feeding skills based on the SOS –Sequential Oral Sensory Method Approach to Feeding. The club members will follow strategies in the upward adaption of the SOS Method for school-age children. Skills with food will be developed through fun and engaging group activities, in a supportive and nurturing environment. The club is led an Occupational Therapist trained in the SOS Method. The club will be limited to three children in order to provide individualized attention.
- Learning why our bodies need to eat
- Developing an understanding of what foods people need to eat to stay healthy and why those foods are healthy
- Learn how to decrease feeding distress by exploring and describing foods
- Develop sensory acceptance of a variety of foods
- Develop an understanding of our mind’s role in taste and food acceptance
When: Wednesdays, January 11th – May 24th
Time: 3:30pm – 4:30pm
Total Cost: $1800
Children are expected to attend every session (barring illness), as the sessions build on each other and group dynamics are an important component. You will not be reimbursed for missed sessions. If you have any questions about the new Emerge Clubs changes or payment options, please refer to our FAQ!
If your child is not attending therapy sessions at Emerge, we will be in touch with you to set up a brief free screening to determine if this program is a good match for your child.